Click on photo to view in the 21st century.......

Ranger's House, Blackheath, from a Victorian print. The core of the house was orignially built in the early 1700s for Admiral Sir Francis Hosier. It was later inherited by the 4th Earl of Chesterfield who extended it and created a garden of exotic fruit. FRom 1807 it was the Ranger's House for the Ranger of Greenwich Park, before opening as a museum in 1974. It is now part of the Iveagh Bequest and house the Suffolk collection, with many paintings by Willian Larkin.




Click on photo to view in the 21st century.......


The Prince of Wales pond, looking towards All Saints, Church, Blackheath. Such a photograph, empty of traffic and people, could rarely be taken now, except perhaps in the early hours of a winter morning.